Daniel chapter 7 starts with a view from heaven on the rise and fall of empires in the world. We see human rulers and their empires as bestial at best, although the Babylonian empire finds a semblance of humanity. After looking froma heavenly vantage point we look to heaven itself. The base, beastly empires of earth are contrasted with the eternal authority and majesty of Jehovah. This is the reality behind our limited perspective. God does not wind up the world like clockwork and watch it unfold, he is close and he is involved. Ultimately he reigns and he works a plan that blesses those who live with heaven in mind and brings hell on earth and into eternity for those who are mindless of God.
Daniel 7: 9, 10
9“As I looked,
“thrones were set in place, and the Ancient of Days took his seat. His clothing was as white as snow; the hair of his head was white like wool. His throne was flaming with fire, and its wheels were all ablaze. 10 A river of fire was flowing, coming out from before him. Thousands upon thousands attended him; ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him. The court was seated, and the books were opened.
- Who is seated?
- What is opened?
- Why does the vision reveal the court of heaven at this point?
- How do you see the spiritual reality behind the mundane?
- How would history be different if people saw the Ancient of Days more easily?
1. The Ancient of Days.
2. The books were opened.
3. judgement time?
4. God knows what is going on on the earth and He is going to be just.
5. I guess there would be less sin.
1. the Ancient of Days
2. the books were opened.
3. It shows God’s authority over everything including the beasts mentioned previously.
4. I try to see every day, opportunity, and moment as a gift from God. This helps me place my life into perspective because I know that God is in control.
5. I think they would live their lives differently because they would realize that life is more than just the things that can be seen, there is a spiritual world as well. I think they would also change how they view sin because one day they will have to give an account.
1.The Ancient of Days
2. The Books
3. Because at this point in time the kingdoms (beasts) have played their role and done their sinful lot on earth, now it is time for God’s judgment to come.
4. Behind the mundane, God has a plan, even the littlest of things like seeing a prayer answered at just the right moment shows us that God is in every moment with us and He will fulfill His purposes on earth in His perfect timing.
5. If we knew what was coming, what this life was all about, then people would differently according to a greater purpose, a better kingdom, and our desire to prosper in this life would be nothing in comparrison to our desire to proper in Heaven, resulting in less sin and oppression.
1.the Ancient of Days
3.perhaps to show that God is still in control
4.Through little graces, something to be thankful for, examples in the past of God’s sovereignty
5.Maybe His majesty would cause us to be in submission to Him
1.Who is seated? The Ancient of Days
2.What is opened? The books were opened.
3.Why does the vision reveal the court of heaven at this point?
– Judgment might be held toward mankind at the end of the world.
4.How do you see the spiritual reality behind the mundane?
– I can feel it through the work and guide of Holy Spirit and the work of God in the world.
5.How would history be different if people saw the Ancient of Days more easily?
– History of the earth would not need to be prolonged. it would become history of heaven.
1. The court.
2. The books.
3. Because that is where the Ancient of Days is.
5. They would fear him and not act out against him.
Who is seated? the Ancient of Days
What is opened? the books were opened.
Why does the vision reveal the court of heaven at this point?
Because it was the time of the end.
How do you see the spiritual reality behind the mundane?
Even though things seems to be mundane, everything go by God’s will.
How would history be different if people saw the Ancient of Days more easily?
History would become better in God’s eyes.
1. ancient of days
2. the books
3 the ancient of days judgment day will have come
4. I have to purposefully view it in that light and ask God to remind me of the supernatural and what will happen after this life
1) The Ancient of Days is seated, which is God Almighty.
2) His books were opened.
3) To contrast God’s power with the mindset of the world leaders.
4) I try to stay focused on the promises embedded in God’s word, by meditating on him.
5) We wouldn’t sin by acting out of impatience, trying to come up with our own solutions to our problems.
Who is seated? the Ancient of Days
What is opened? the books
Why does the vision reveal the court of heaven at this point? after all those Satan’s nations rise up, God’s judgment towards all the evil will have to come.
How do you see the spiritual reality behind the mundane? Many powerful nations has risen up and dominated many nations. This kind of thing continually happens today as well. When we see those happenings in the world, we can see the spiritual reality that everything is in God’s will, God is coming soon to judge the evil and the victory is in His hand.
How would history be different if people saw the Ancient of Days more easily? It must have been better history which seems good to God..
Pingback: Resources for Daniel 7:9 - 10