12 “What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off? 13 And if he finds it, truly I tell you, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off. 14 In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should perish.
The lost sheep here are Christians who have been led astray. They are the little ones who Jesus looks after in his flock.
What I fiind interesting is the lost verse that goes before in the NIV.
Where is verse 11?
- What does the shepherd do with the 99 sheep?
- How does he feel when he finds the one?
- In context what would have us believe that the sheep who is lost is a believer?
- How do people get lost even when they are a disciple?
- How does a lost disciple get refound?