44 “The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field.
45 “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. 46 When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it.
All That I Have
I used to sing this song growing up and it stuck with me:
Two little fishes, five loaves of bread, Five thousand people by Jesus were fed. This is what happened when one little lad Gladly gave Jesus all that he had.
Chorus: All that I have, all that I have, I will give Jesus all that I have. [Repeat]
One lowly widow, two mites small, Jesus was watching when she gave her all. Then Jesus spoke, for His heart was made glad, that she had given all that she had.
Do modern children get what the Kingdom of God is worth?
- What is of worth in the parables?
- What is the common feature of the two parables?
- What is meant by selling ‘all’ that they have?
- What did it cost you to enter the Kingdom of God?
- How does emphasis on salvation by grace through faith mess with ‘all that I have’ being given up?