Remove the dross from the silver,
and a silversmith can produce a vessel;
5 remove wicked officials from the king’s presence,
and his throne will be established through righteousness.
Removing Corrupt Officials
Many governments today turn a blind eye to government corruption. Countries like Pkistan actually have quite developed cultures of corruption. Chicago, as a city, has a history of corruption, but over time the city has arrested corrupt officials and they have done jail time. We should support those who weed out corruption. We should also advocate that candidates pursue the corrupt.
There are those who do illegal transactions. Perhaps more importantly processes should be challenged which are unjust or corrupt, but that are part of the permitted structure.
- With what is corruption compared?
- How is this a powerful comparison?
- How might a king go about removing corruption?
- How does your culture view corruption in government?
- When do you have to address corruption?