21 Fear the Lord and the king, my son,
and do not join with rebellious officials,
22 for those two will send sudden destruction on them,
and who knows what calamities they can bring?
Submit to Authority
“Question Authority” was part of a poster of slogans posted in McHenry High School West. It is understood that human authority is flawed and must be held accountable. However, although authority is flawed and might be questioned it must also be respected and obeyed. An army can not function if those in that army will not submit but demand that their own agenda be followed. An organisation does not function without an authority structure. There may be more than one leader but there are those who cast the vision and those who follow it.
- With whom should one refrain from siding?
- What happens to those who choose the wrong side?
- In the Bible, does God condone rebellion against a tyrant?
- How does one live in a country where leaders make decisions with which one doesn’t agree?
- How does one question authority but submit to it?