Whoever plots evil
will be known as a schemer.
9 The schemes of folly are sin,
and people detest a mocker.
When people are desperate for a favourable outcome they manipulate those around them. Fear of possible outcomes can lead to people controlling those around them to make sure things go their way. This not only shows a lack of faith in God, it shows the dehumanization of others. In unhealthy relationships one person often becomes a ‘parent’ and the other is ‘the child’. They do not become equals. One takes control for security and the other gives up control for security. This may result in a facade of stability but ultimately intimacy between two equal persons is corroded and destroyed. The root of schemes is often a fear or anxiety. We fear that we are not respected, loved, or safe. Of course, with a God oriented focus we are always respected, loved, and safe. Perhaps if we lived with God in mind our schemes would evaporate.
- What will an evil plotter be known as?
- What kind of character does a scheming mocker have?
- How do mockery and manipulation work themselves out in a home situatrion?
- Who has manipulated you and what was their motive?
- When fears get the better of you, how do you make plans? Where is God in this?