Do not be one who shakes hands in pledge or puts up security for debts; 27 if you lack the means to pay, your very bed will be snatched from under you.
Do Not Pledge
The modern economy usews a lot of debt and borrowing. It seems the Bible doesn’t approve. Save up money and then pay cash.
- What will happen to those who pledge?
- Do the foolish pledge on behalf of themselves, others, or both?
- Why do you think the Bible is anti-pledging?
- How should we approach loans and securities?
- How could you save more before you spend?