So I had a sinus infection and decided to take it easy on myself. I did each of the daily readings and today finished Numbers 25. In these chapters we have the story of Balaam’s donkey. When I was in Sunday School I got the impression that Balaam was one of God’s prophets somehow. It is interesting to see how he is a spiritist from an enemy nation. His fingerprints are even over the plan of sending Midianite and Moabite women to seduce the Israelite men and lead them into idolatry. What warfare does not achieve, sex comes closer to achieving. Is sex something that can lead you astray?
- What does the Moabite king offer Balaam if he will curse Israel?
- What does Balaam reply to these offers?
- How does a plan using sex get further than occult practices?
- How does sex distract God’s people today?
- How is sex rightly integrated into your life?