Ecclesiastes 7: 1-12
- What word is repeated in v. 1, 2, 3, 5, 8 and 10 (NIV)?
- What is better than the day of birth?
- What is better than pride?
- How does wisdom lead to better living?
- How could you be wiser in the way that you live?
Although the Teacher in Ecclesiastes has said that wisdom does not bring ultimate satisfaction there are better ways to live. In our day and age we are told that any choice is as good as another. we are told that we are to be true to ourselves. However, there are ways that are better ways to live. The wisdom of the ancients is still good for us to heed today. From where do you draw the wisdom to make the best choices?
- What should the living take to heart?
- Whose heart is in the house of pleasure?
- What is it better to heed from a wise man?
- What does extortion do?
- What questions are not wise to ask?
- How is it possible to focus on death and live well?
- What good does a sad face actually do for a person?
- Why is foolishness presented as more enjoyable than wisdom?
- What is the connection between anger and foolishness? Doesn’t God get angry?
- How can wisdom and money be used well to create a shelter?
- Is everyone’s opinion on an issue of equal value?
- How do you decide whose opinion is most wise?
- How did you feel about Ted Kennedy’s funeral this weekend?
- Has anyone corrected you recently? Why or why not?
- Is there some project that you need to finish? How could you finish it?